7.18.2008

Looking Ahead...

We don't always know the WHY behind the good and bad things that happen in our lives, but I truly believe everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know the reason right away or even for years.

The time has come for me to look to the future. Today is officially a new chapter in my professional career. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I don't know why this opportunity presented itself at this time rather than 6 months ago or even a year from now? I have to believe that there is a good reason for it. So I am just grateful for my blessings and make the most of them as they come.

Do you agree? Do you find yourself always questioning the events in your life?

Do yourself a favor, don't do what I am notorious for...over analyzing every event. All it will lead to is excessive stress and pressure. Be thankful for the good things and learn from the bad...then move forward. Believe me when I say it is easier said then done...but I have learned the hard way. You have to force yourself to focus on the future and not dwell on the things you can't change.

I will miss my former co-workers. I will miss the feeling of having all the answers. I will miss the comfort zone I created. However, despite all that I will miss, I am eager to move forward and be challenged and learn something new.

Look ahead and not back.

~Dawn

No comments: