7.03.2008

Poor Attitudes...

As a recruiter I hear every story, happy and sad, a candidate looking for a job can imagine.
It is the ones who think that giving me an attitude will encourage or entice me to get them job that amaze me.

Do they really think telling me in a voice mail...
"I am pissed off that you have not called me about a job. You need to call me today."

Then the candidate hangs up the phone without leaving his name or phone number!!

Besides the fact that the candidate expected me to read his mind and know who he is and his phone number just based on his voice...If he uses this language and attitude with me, what will he do with my clients?

Another person called and when I asked her what type of work she was looking for she replied by saying, "Same thing I am always looking for!"

I had to tell her I have never spoken to her before and therefore did not know what she has always been looking for.

Why do people think that these poor attitudes are acceptable in a business environment, much less helpful?

Being rude or having a smart mouth will in no way encourage a recruiter to help you. More likely what will happen is that the recruiter will write you off and never find you a job.

So bite your tongue and choose your words wisely when requesting assistance from anyone in business.

-Dawn

No comments: